Introduction to DNA Barcoding
Gain an understanding of DNA-based approaches for species identification and discovery. Explore the historical framework for species identification, barcoding workflows and an overview of barcoding applications. Identify molecular markers as standards for different taxonomic groups and analyse and interpret your results. Explore the benefits for basic research in the fields of taxonomy, ecology, and evolution.
- Foundations of DNA Barcoding
- Community standards and best practices
- DNA Barcode analytics
- DNA Barcoding and Taxonomy
- Applied DNA Barcoding I (Ecology, Conservation Biology & Evolution)
- Applied DNA Barcoding II (Food safety, Pest and Health Management, Invasive Species)
- Applied DNA Barcoding III (Bio-surveillance, Habitat Monitoring)
- Future trends in DNA Barcoding
Detailed Course Description
- Online, 8-week course
- Next offering: 2017
- Add your name to the contact list .
- Early Bird Tuition: Register two weeks before the course start date: $895 plus $116.35 HST. Total $1011.35 (Canadian Funds)
- Regular Tuition Fee: $995 plus $129.35 HST. Total: $1124.35 (Canadian funds)